Friday, April 17, 2009

Old Men, Cuba, and Underwater Concerts: iReport Videos

            The first video I watched on iReport was called "It Will Be Made Right Later!". This video reminds me a lot of another we watched in class about aging people being ignored. I did not like this video. The man's speech pattern was very slow, without much variety. I think he meant to make himself sound more dramatic, but it really bored me. Also, he did not use the Rule of Thirds, meaning he was directly in the middle of the screen. It did not make for an interesting composition. If I worked for CNN, I would not put this on because it just wouldn't appeal to enough viewers.

            http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-245649

 

            The second video I watched was called "US Cuba Relations". This video was only 1 minute, 55 seconds long which was definitely a plus. Shorter videos keep viewers interested because there is less excessive 'stuff' in them. If edited correctly, short videos can hold a lot of important information. This video was more interesting to me. The man in the video wants to lift the embargo in Cuba, and he talked about it without dramatic pauses or overzealous language. I liked that. If I was working at CNN, I would consider putting this on, perhaps under an opinion section. It was interesting and very easy to understand.

            http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-245655

 

            The last video I watched was called "Guinness World Record For Deepest Underwater Concert".  This was about a woman who held a concert in an underwater oil platform. While the topic was fascinating, and the editing was great, it was just simply too long to go on CNN. The entire length of the video was 7 minutes and 31 seconds. People who want news want it fast, and most would be turned off at the idea of watching it for 7 minutes. If I worked at CNN, I would try to shrink this down into a much more concise video, because it really is interesting.

            http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-245715

No comments:

Post a Comment