Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Slideshows

Best of the Week--Reuters

            This audio photo slideshow was very interesting. It provided a diverse group of photos that were considered the "best of the week" by the website. Each photo provided a short commentary that explained what was going on in it. I think the audio was great for this type of slideshow because I was able to hear the information while looking at the photo, making it much faster. I didn't have to read a paragraph and then look at it. I liked that the ten photos were condensed into just over two minutes as well. People are busy and like their information fast-paced, and this provided a little entertainment in a very short period of time.

Best of the Week--MSNBC 

This slideshow (which I could not get a URL directly to), is another "week in photos" segment. This provides a short paragraph beside each photo, as well as a chance to vote on the best at the end . While I believe the audio slideshows are better, this type might work well for someone without a fast-working internet. Students at LSC share my pain in trying to load even the simplest of audio or video webpages in a reasonable amount of time. This option is perfect for those who don't have a lot of time to wait for buffering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment